- Lost password
- Lost user name
- Problems logging in (lock out)
- Renewing your membership
- Security and privacy
- Payment issues
- Contact us
If you have forgotten your password, you can get a new one by entering your username and the four-digit year of birth you supplied when you signed up. A new password will be emailed to the email address on record for your account. You can then log in and change it, if you like.
Lost user name
If you have forgotten your user name, you can recover it by entering the email address and the four-digit year of birth you supplied when you signed up. Your user name will be emailed to you.
Problems logging in (lock out)
Log-in problems are usually the result of one of the following situations:
- Improper capitalization. Your password is case sensitive. Make sure the caps lock is off.
- To help reduce misuse of stolen or shared passwords, we have a system in place that locks out accounts that are being accessed from many different IP addresses. This is rarely a problem for typical users, even if your access provider assigns you a new IP address periodically, like DSL providers do. If you get a lock out message, it may mean that your password has been stolen and is being used by someone else. You should immediately change your password (see above) and try to log in. If that doesn't work, email .
- In order to frustrate people who try to break into other people's accounts via password guessing, we temporarily lock out people who enter the wrong password several times in the course of a short interval of time. This lockout automatically expires after a few minutes and you can try again. The webmaster is notified if someone is persistently entering the wrong password for an account, and that account may be manually locked out. In which case, the account holder will need to contact customer service for help.
- Outdated browser. We use modern authentication methods to verify our members. If your browser is really ancient, it may not be able to be used with MythicWomen. Time to upgrade.
Renewing your membership
You can re-activate your account by signing up through the join page using the same login name, password, and email that you used when you originally signed up.
Security and privacy
Your name, credit card number, and other personal information are not stored on our servers. Your email address is stored in an encrypted form. We also do not store your password – we only store a hashed version of it. This means it cannot be stolen from us, but it also means we cannot recover your password if you forget it (you will need to generate a new one, see above).
We do not share your email with anyone. We do not send out spam.
Payment is handled through Zombaio.com. They decide to accept or reject your credit card. Please visit their website for issues regarding your payment.
If you are having technical problems, be sure to include as much information as you can about your browser, its settings, and the circumstances of the problem: